New this year, the Hamden Art League, with the cooperation of the Miller Library Senior Center,
will be opening the display space at the Senior Center for monthly exhibitions by members of HAL.
This is a wonderful opportunity for our members to have a space to display their work to the public.
Prospective Hamden Art League artists should contact Joan Lakin 203-288-4196 to receive additional information or download the application forms and exhibition policies. Policies
I am a recently retired art teacher and the new School Liaison at Gallery 53.
We are undergoing some big changes here at the Gallery, our website for one. It is gallery53.org.
We are looking to expand our exhibitions, classes and let you know about our First Friday reception, a wine and cheese reception every First Friday of the month from 4-7.
If you have any members that would like to teach classes we have a very large teaching studio upstairs.
HAL will begin a program of featuring the artwork of one of it's members each month on our website.
This program is open to Hamden Art League Members only.
If you are an interested member please email 4 to 12 JPG images to George Manning. Please include "HAL ARTIST OF THE MONTH" in the subject area. George's email address
Each image should be ready for posting, and no larger than 2MB in size. Your submissions should include the title of the painting, and medium as well as your name and telephone number in case you need to be reached.
In addition, please submit a short biography to be posted with the images. (No longer than 200 words.)
All artwork should be submitted by 3/31/12. Twelve artists will be selected by a subcommittee of the board. Selection in the program shall occur by random selection.
If selected, members are ineligible for a 3 year period.
The next submission date shall be 12/31/12 and yearly thereafter.
Connecticut Natural Science Illustrators is offering spring classes in natural science illustration, drawing and painting at the Yale Peabody Museum Community Education Center at the Yale West Campus in Orange, CT.
Please visit www.CTNSI for directions and further information.
1) Christ Presbyterian Church 135 Whitney Ave.,New Haven, CT has wall space in the church fellowship hall for art exhibitions and can be available for receptions as new exhibitions are installed.
2) Size of framed art should not exceed 36" Any medium is accepted including photography except sculpture. There is no charge for installing art and the church art committee reserves the right of refusal of any artwork presented.
3) Art must be framed and wired for hanging, no brackets please.
4) No commission will be paid to the church and it's expected work will remain in place for 4-6 weeks.
5) We show artwork of any medium that can go on the wall. As the room is used by many children, we do not feel we can adequately protect sculpture. Our only other rule is that work be appropriate for audiences of all ages. If you wouldn't want to explain it to a 3 year old, chances are others don't want to either. Lastly, if you are willing to share about your work, we love having art openings!
6) Call Elena Gerard at 203-287-0404 or the Christ Presbyterian Church at 203- 777-6960.